Member Introductions

Hi, my name’s Joy and I live on the south coast of England. I play clarinet which I started to learn on my 60th birthday, 2 1/2 years ago, when my husband surprised me with one as a gift. I love it! I played piano many years ago and also play folk guitar and a bit of classical guitar, but it’s the clarinet I really spend time playing every day.
I like listening to a wide variety of music, but on clarinet I enjoy classical pieces as well as tunes from musicals, some old ‘big band’ stuff and pop from the 60s and 70s.

1 Like

Welcome and thanks to new users @Joy, @iansdigby, @LenTheSpaceWolf, @Sandy for joining and posting recently.

Also thanks to @abena26, @Lynn_Lewandowski, @sarakilpa, @DoubleReeder, @GASAX, @Dylan_Ovanin, @Glynis72, @LarryS, @MrPeteO, @Clarineat, @ChrisKolClarinet, @Alex_Mortensen, @jmcl13 as well. I should’ve thanked you sooner, I’m still learning how to be a good moderator.

You can post feedback here, or message me privately if you have questions or want to see something changed. I’m here to help.

It’s awesome to see an international crowd! I’m hoping to add country flags to user names at some point. I asked my provider and they’ll consider adding it to the basic plan. But ultimately the community needs to grow (and monetize) in order for me to invest in a few more bells and whistles. So please spread the word! And keep posting!

2 Likes

Who are you and where are you from?
I’m Roberto Marcenaro from Montevideo, Uruguay. I’m software engineer and saxophone beginner.

What do you play?
Saxophone

What music inspires you?
I like listening all of kind of music. I love Blues. Currently listening to jazz, funk to training my ear.

What is your favorite food?
Italian food and some Uruguayan classics like ‘asado’ or ‘milanesas’ ;).

Hi, Becky from Michigan. Studied to be a professional flutist, found more fun as a hobbyist. I live in Michigan and play flute but recently took up sax and clarinet so I could be more versatile. My favorite gigs are musical pit orchestras even though most of it is volunteer work.

2 Likes

I’m Glen Quarrie. I grew up in Ligonier, PA, went to music school in Pittsburgh, PA and Bloomington, IN, lived in Pittsburgh for 20 years and now reside in Brookfield, WI, a suburb of Milwaukee.

I play flutes, clarinets, saxophones and oboes

I try to listen to all sorts of music, but tend to play a lot of musical theater, jazz and classical music. It’s all good!

I tend to like carbs, but am a fan of most cuisines.

Welcome and thanks to new users @Jdbassplayer, @musicalmerlin, @Lindsey_Wiehl, @rmarcenaro, and @Flutician for joining and posting recently.

Thank you for being a part of this community!